Tuesday, February 22

Snow.Thanks.Margarine

We had snow here today! I use the word 'had' advisedly, as like most British snow, it was a case of "Oh look, there's some snow. Oh, its gone". Joshua and Bethany were very excited, and enjoyed looking out our bedroom window at the snowscape. They also enjoyed hurling indignant protests at the schoolboys outside our house 'stealing' the snow off our cars for their snowballs - mercifully unheard through the triple glazing!

We're now looking forward to next year's snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We would like to give a big thank you to all those who have sent cards and/or presents. We will hopefully get round to thanking you all individually, but you know how it is...

All much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon opening our new 1 kg tub of Bertoli Lucca ("the new name for Olivio") this morning I noticed that the 'waterline' was considerably lower than I would have expected. Being of a somewhat suspicious turn of mind, I promptly placed the tub on the kitchen scales: 875 grams!! That's 12.5% theft!

In common with most injustices in this world, this event was sufficient to get me fairly riled, but not quite enough to break through my apathy to get me to do anything about it. The thing is, in this particular instance there isn't much point in doing anything - as the 'harm' done to me is not as much as the hassle it would entail in trying to do something to put it right.

This is the kind of thing where you just wish people would do their jobs properly in the first place...

But then it does represent (hang around, just let me check the receipt...)

OK, 27p. I thought it'd be more than that. Never mind.


...or I could ring 0800 61 60 30 9.00am - 5.00 pm (call free monday to friday calls may be recorded).

Hey wow, what a great job - "I work on the margarine hotline"


OK, I'm rambling now. Must be time to give my full attention to ER.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home