Saturday, February 26

Libby speaks...

My husband says he is devoid of inspiration this morning, so has asked that I write the blog in his stead. I can't say that I'm particularly inspired but I'll give it a whirl. Can I first say that I have had nothing to do with previous blog entries, so all credit (or otherwise) goes to Daniel. I generally read the blog on line in the morning to find out what I've done or said the previous day. It can be very enlightening!

Life goes by in a bit of a bleary-eyed blur at the moment accompanied by a strong background odour of poo. It's a rollercoaster ride, which last years rather than minutes, of nappies, feeding, watching Barney, responding to Joshua's demands of a schedule for the day, where we're going, what we're doing and when and what are we doing after that, oh and he needs a poo, and can we watch Barney again and where's Woody (cowboy toy) and can he have some crisps and can I make up his railway track and no Bethany doesn't want to wear jeans she wants the pink sparkly trousers on, and no she hasn't done a poo, it must be daddy, even though the smell enters the room, 10 minutes before she does, and can we watch Barney again!! I frequently want to get off this ride, usually around 4 o'clock in the afternoon when Joshua asks me if I'm going crazy. The answer is generally yes.

The funny thing is, even though toddlers drive you crazy, as soon as they're in bed, all the difficulties of the day seem to evaporate, and you remember all the cute things they said or did, and wonder why you found it so hard. I love listening to the strange little conversations they have between themselves. Bethany sees Joshua as an authority on most subjects, and sways towards his interpretation of the world rather than mine.

Bethany: "I need medicine for my batteries"
Joshua: "There're no batteries in your tummy, it's just full of bones... like a doggy"

Well, I'd better go now, Barney awaits and I haven't watched it for at least 10 minutes.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine your days, Libby! It's almost like teaching a class full of 6-year-olds, only 100 times more challenging and demanding and important. . . . Keep up the good work--it's worth it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home