Monday, March 12

Classic Caleb, age 7

I love the conversations I have with Caleb.

Yesterday before bed.

Caleb: “ Mummy, do you know the difference between Ninjas and spies?”

Caleb: Mummy, do you know how to draw a Ninja? Would you like me to show you?

This morning at 6:30am Caleb climbs into bed with me. Being such a nice little boy, you would think that he would say, "good morning mummy, how are you". Alas, all pleasantries ignored he cuts straight to the chase,

Caleb: "Mummy, why haven't I ever held a chicken head skeleton?".

Me: (Thinking) Good morning to you to Caleb.

Me: I’m not quite sure, you just haven’t. (failed again as a mother)

Caleb: "Mummy"

Me: Yes Caleb"

Caleb: “Can I take a chicken head to school today for show and tell?”

Me: “ No Caleb, I don’t have any chicken heads, how about you take your alien instead?”

Caleb: “Mummy”

Me: “Yes Caleb”

Caleb: “What I would really like is to hold a chicken without its head on and see what it does”.

Me: “It won’t do anything, it will be dead”

Caleb: “Yes but chickens sometimes move a bit after their heads are cut off”


Caleb wonders off to go and see if he can annoy Bethany.

A bit later.

Caleb: “Mummy”

Me: “Yes Caleb”

Caleb: “ Why are the Somalis trying to blow me up?

He reminds me of Calvin as in Calvin and Hobbes.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 pm, Blogger Pipsqueak's Musings said...

Thats just great libby!
Love it.
Can't wait to see you all.

 
At 6:37 pm, Anonymous els said...

definitely no longer an english little boy is he????????? but absolutely hilarious! Loved my conversation with Alex when he was little never talkd about chicken heads though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home