Wednesday, August 22

Back to Kenya


One leaky poo and a projectile vomit 10 minutes before take off marked the beginning of our journey back to Kenya. A super speedy change in the oh-so-small toilets and we were back in our seats before the taxiing plane took off.  The journey was pretty uneventful. I was super impressed with the BA staff who were really kind to us as we had a small baby and kept checking on me as they knew I was not keen on flying.  We arrived on time and were met by our friend who helped us unload our considerable number of bags off the carousel.  Ruben and I had to get a visa. Ruben because he is a new person to Kenya and me because my resident permit had expired and I wasn't allowed a new one as my passport only had a month to run when we left.

We have had a fantastic welcome from MAF people with cards, presents, meals and lots of visitors offering to hold the baby. The children have been thrilled to be re-united with friends, the dog and be in their home. Baby Ruben is settling in well. I am sure he is appreciative of his beautifully ironed baby grows. I keep telling Sarah she doesn't have to iron them, but she says it is her way of welcoming him to the country.
We really felt we were back when we found out our water tank was dry as mains water is now only coming in once a week. This week we had to have a tanker truck in borehole water to fill up ours and our neighbours tanks. £30 for 5,000 litres and a bonus ride in the tanker for Caleb. The other welcome back moment was a bus reversing into Daniel's car - he will update you on that. Fortunately although we can't use our washing machine and any water we use is brown, the power has been quite good. There is something quite depressing about  bathing in brown water, it hardly seems worth it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home