Tuesday, November 6

Finally- a blog

It is soooo hard to blog these days. Even fitting in going to the toilet can be a challenge. OK TMI for most people. I have written loads of blogs in my head and actually drafted half a blog, but not actually managed to post. What can I say, life is absolutely hectic with a baby. Life, for me at least, revolves around getting the kids to school on time (that means getting them all out of the house by 7:30am) and picking them up again. If I can cook dinner and do a load of washing too, the day is a success. By the end of most days I am mentally and physically absolutely wasted. The last two days I have been asleep by 8pm (5pm English time), so don't call me in the evening! Still life is fun, challenging and exciting and I wouldn't change any of it. Highlights of the last few weeks have been:

 -the ceiling falling down in two places after one of the compound workers put his foot through it. He was putting rat poison in the roof!
-4 days of guys trying to repair the ceiling.
-running out of water, gas and having no electricity all at the same time.
-a huge thunder storm
-seeing an old friend from Tanzania for 3 nights last week
-Bethany's 10th birthday. The theme was flip flops, so we got pedicures, decorated flip flops and ate flip flop cake.



2 Comments:

At 11:32 am, Blogger Viv Simkins said...

You are so talented with those birthday cakes! Sounds like you could do with another house lady.

 
At 10:33 am, Anonymous Caroline M said...

such a novel idea! (rainbow kids, come back!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home