Saturday, February 16

Josh-annual review (by auntie Wendy)




What have you been up to since June?


I've been pretty busy with school which I really enjoy. I have a different teacher for every subject now, so it is quite like secondary school and we move from classroom to classroom. My mum also keeps me pretty busy with a list of jobs, feeding dogs, walking dogs, tying dogs up, drying up, feeding the baby, the list goes on. The others have jobs to do too but they are better at getting out of them. Still I am better at negotiating payment for services rendered!

Do you like to forward plan or live day to day?

I live life in contrast to my brother Caleb. He does plan a bit what he wants for his birthday but in all other areas of life he goes with what is stimulating and fun in the moment. I on the other hand prioritise planning. I plan what films I NEED to see, Star wars toys I want to buy, make lists of what I want to take on holiday and get my homework done quickly so I can have more free time. I even get my siblings’ lunches done the night before so that there is less rush in the morning. Part of this is my determination to be on time for school which you’d know is hard if you knew Caleb. I also earn money from it to buy things from my list.

What are your hobbies?

I am learning the drums, love building Lego, computer games and working through my list of films. I like having a project where I am constructing or creating something. I like activities where I am not in the spotlight. I don’t like too much attention. I leave that to my brother.  I take full responsibility for keeping my baby brother up to date and have introduced him to various apps!!


What time do you start the day?

As part of my planning strategy I wake mid- week at 5:30am. You can’t be too organised. I also jog with our dog Rhum. She is a fantastic dog and I love her very much. At the weekends I’m sometimes the last to get up.

What tips do you have for getting on with family members?

My main suggestion is to live life quietly, be considerate and not to argue. Fortunately for me Caleb teases my sister and not me. I just tease my mum. She is so easy to wind up especially about the lack of safety equipment on a school trip or that I’ve lost something.

Are you currently in a relationship?

How embarrassing, you can't ask a pre- teen that sort of question. Even if I was I wouldn't say, but I'm not. My mum says I can't even date until I am 25!!

What's next for 2013?

Well I am looking forward to going into year 7 and am working on persuading my dad to download MineCraft and other games. 

1 Comments:

At 10:29 pm, Anonymous Caroline m said...

What a terrific young man! Our Matt has a Lego theme for his last official day at school (give or take a few A'level exams), he's e en made a bucket into a head..., you all sound a super-well adjusted family! X

 

Post a Comment

<< Home