Wednesday, November 28

Poem


Poem written by Wendy about our family. Written from Joshua's point of view.


They say......but in fact

There are many rumours you may have heard
However I can tell you that most are absurd
They say we have a cockerel that crows each morning
But in fact it’s the Ibis that are just simply yawning

They say we have a goat that chews all it can find
But in fact it’s our dog Rhum who is really kind
She licks up sick and cleans the floor
She eats up leftovers and still wants more
She follows you around inside and out
And if you pretend to ignore her she might just pout

They say we have 2 bulls whose horns lock day and night
But in fact they’re my siblings who are often in a fight
It’s either one or the other who puts out the bait
And I just hide in my room until very late
I come out for films, Youtube and food
And other times too depending on the mood

Regardless of this, some rumours are right
My family is fab and most of us don’t bite
Let me tell you about them all, one by one
Then you’ll see my point before you have gone

I’ll start with my father who is a great dad
He stays chilled even when the rest of us are mad
He supports my mum and calms her down well
And even when he’s worked up he doesn’t really yell

My mum is a star and works really hard
And when she’s relaxed she can be quite a card
She is a great organiser and loves writing a list
And when she’s not in a meeting she is really missed
Because she is so thoughtful, generous and kind
And there are only a few things she really does mind
She can get stressed when she’s in traffic or tired
Or chasing my brother makes her feel really wired

 My sister is a true girl, into fashion and nails
And incredibly feminine, though surrounded by males
She can change her clothes on and off all day
And loves a romantic film, but kissing ‘no way’!
She is quite shy and can get in a mood
But she’s really talented and sings like a dude

My seven year old bro is a meat eating lad
He’s one of those who’s a mix of genius and mad
He can do great flips, climb trees and swim
And all his mates look up to him
He is a clever boy and gives a good hug
And is greatly fascinated on finding a bug

Little Roo is the last of the pack
His greatest skill is rolling over and back
He has a huge grin and observes all the action
And despite trying solids, milk is still the main attraction
It is all very exciting watching him move
And soon he will talk to us as he finds his groove

That leaves only me the first born kid
Who loves insisting his mum states her bid
For when I do snacks and help in any way
As I need to buy Star wars toys on EBay
 I’m good at art and playing on the drum
And I’m really thoughtful and great with Rhum

So as you can see our family is one to meet
And I tell you for sure that would be a treat
Come and see for yourself how fun we can be
But I still issue a health hazard from all of them but me

3 Comments:

At 1:02 pm, Blogger Viv Simkins said...

Brill. Clever Wendy.

 
At 2:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Wendy!

--Cindy

 
At 10:17 am, Anonymous caroline said...

nice one! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home