Wednesday, September 5

Daniel for a change

Hello All. My turn this week. Sorry we didn't do this yesterday, but for some reason we had a power outage last night, which as usual meant the network went down - so we had a computer-free evening. (Actually we had an everything-free evening, as we were so knackered we went to bed at 8.15.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of photos - the first was my view to the left when I went to work/took the kids to the school bus - Tanzanian-style parking :)




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And one of Caleb, dressed up as a Masai warrior (they had friends over, and were all at it!)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the throes of finalising the 2008 financial plan at work -hopefully it will be more accurate than last year (when we didn't have a clue what we were doing :) ), but still a lot of crystal-ball gazing (not literally!). I guess it's a similar problem to all organisations - costs going up, without the income going up. The only difference is we are trying not to make the income go up, because we don't want to make the flying more expensive to those we serve :( Never mind - I guess that's why I'm here!

Other than that we are a) planning Joshua's birthday party, which will be on Saturday (at least Libby is) and b) planning the staff conference which will be in mid-October (I am chair of the committee, for my sins). We are also looking forward to my Mum & Dad coming out at the end of September - and trying to get as much stuff into their suitcases as possible! (Having said that, I think they're pretty much maxed out - so please don't send them loads of stuff to bring!) (if you were thinking that)!

Anyway, time for bed I think - we've been trying to go to be by 9.00, in the hope that we might catch up on some of the last 6 years sleep-debt. Not working yet :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home